As a small business owner you have more important things to do than to keep your own books. We take care of your books for you, so you can get back to the job of running your business and generating profits!
Smart Business Solutions is not designed to replace your current CPA, but to serve more as a liaison between the business owner and the CPA. Perhaps your business does not have enough work to hire a full or even part-time employee, or maybe you don’t have the time to do it yourself. That’s where we can help!
Our accounting services include:
- QuickBooks setup & training
- Customer Invoicing & Statements
- Accounts Payable & Bill Paying
- Accounts Receivable & Bank Deposit Preparation
- Payroll Processing
- Monthly, Quarterly, & Annual Payroll Tax Form Preparation
- Electronic Document Storage
- Customized Spreadsheets
- Creation of Marketing Materials and Forms
- New Business Start-Up Assistance
- Referral Incentives
- And More…
Each month or quarter we will also do the following things for you:
- Reconcile your bank and credit card accounts
- Generate an income statement
- Generate a balance sheet
- Clean up your general ledger
These tasks form the solid foundation of your small business accounting system and can be performed in our office or yours. You can customize the package of services you receive by adding payroll, bill pay, office organization, or any of our other services.
Reconciling your business checking account each month allows us to keep your bank accounts and financial information up-to-date.
Having us reconcile your account each month allows you to…
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Know how your business is doing. You can’t really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
An income statement, otherwise known as a profit and loss statement, basically adds an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracts an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period.
An income statement allows you to…
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures. Like phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business’ financial condition at a specific moment in time.
A balance sheet helps you…
- Quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business.
- Identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables.
- Determine if your business is in a position to expand.
Balance sheets, along with income statements, are the most basic elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
Maintaining a Clean General Ledger
The general ledger is the core of your company’s financial records. These records constitute the central “books” of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books.
Having us review your general ledger system each month allows us to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then we’ll fix the discrepancies so your books are always accurate.